Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Great motivation tool or compulsive shopper?

Target has done me in again. As I was killing my lunch hour, I strolled through the ladies' workout apparel. That's when it hit me, what I need is to spend lots of money on snazzy new workout clothes. Mind you, the last time I worked out, we had two fewer (less?) people in our family. So what! This is what has been holding me back, I decide.

I bought two stretchy, brightly colored, "breatheable" (does that mean I will be able to breath better when I'm wearing them) shirts and a brightly colored workout bra. I guess the color-coordinated bra will be important when I take off my shirt at the gym.

To justify my purchase, I went for a walk/trot tonight. My feet hurt now, so I probably need to buy some new high dollar tenny shoes!

1 comment:

Jill said...

The bra matching your shirt totally makes you run faster and the shirt will totally help you breath. Might I also suggest a heart rate monitor/calorie counter? What's the point of burning calories if you don't know how many you burn? Pick one up when you go get your new kicks. You can run a marathon next week!